You are here

Costa completes return to Atletico Madrid from Chelsea

Striker Diego Costa has completed his move back to Atletico Madrid from Premier League champions Chelsea. The two clubs agreed terms last week and the 28-year-old Spain international passed his medical on Monday. However, he will not be eligible to play for the La Liga side until 1 January, when the club’s transfer window ban comes to an end. Costa left Atletico for Chelsea in 2014 and scored 59 goals in 120 games appearances for the Blues. He won two Premier League titles and the League Cup with the club,…

Read More

Diego Costa regrets manner of Chelsea exit, but speaks of 'special affection' for club after returning 'home' to Atletico Madrid

Diego Costa’s end to his time at Chelsea was a sad affair Saturday, September 23, 2017 Diego Costa regrets the manner of his Chelsea exit and admits to having “special affection” for people at the club. The 28-year-old finally agreed a move back to Atletico Madrid earlier this week and arrived in the Spanish capital on Friday, ending weeks of exile in Brazil. Costa won two Premier League titles in his three seasons at Stamford Bridge, but his stay ended in acrimony, as he refused to return to the club…

Read More

It's not the way I wanted to leave Chelsea – Costa

Diego Costa says he did not want to leave Chelsea on bad terms and that he has “special affection” for the club. Atletico Madrid have agreed a deal with Chelsea to bring the striker, 28, back to the Spanish club. Costa has not played for the Blues this season, and spent much of August in his native Brazil. “I’m not going to be ungrateful to Chelsea, where I was also very happy, playing in a team that was great,” said Costa after arriving in Madrid. “Atletico is my home.” Listen:…

Read More

Diego Costa: Chelsea agree terms with Atletico Madrid to sell striker

Chelsea have agreed terms with Atletico Madrid for the transfer of striker Diego Costa back to the Spanish club. The move, which will be completed in January, is subject to the agreement of personal terms and a medical. Atletico said the 28-year-old, who left the club to join Chelsea in 2014, would have a medical in the next few days. Spain international Costa has not played for the Blues this season, and spent much of August in his native Brazil. He cannot be registered as a player for the La…

Read More

Chelsea FC transfer news: Atletico Madrid lodge final 'take it or leave it' bid for Blues outcast Diego Costa

Diego Costa has not played for Chelsea since the FA Cup final defeat to Arsenal Monday, September 18, 2017 Atletico Madrid have lodged a final ‘take it or leave it’ offer worth £57.25m for Chelsea outcast Diego Costa. According to Marca, the Spanish club are ready to make him their most expensive player ever but will refuse to go any higher should Chelsea turn it down. It has been reported Atletico have offered around £48.5m up front with the remaining cash based on performance. Costa has been out in the…

Read More

Chelsea and Diego Costa transfer news: Atletico Madrid close to wrapping up €60m deal for striker – latest reports

It’s been a difficult summer for Diego Costa Thursday, September 14, 2017 Diego Costa’s future is yet to be resolved by Chelsea, but rumour has it his exit is now close to being finalised. Read on to find out the latest on the Blues forward… Atletico Madrid make breakthrough in negotiations While Atletico are banned from registering new players before the 2018 January transfer window, progress is being made over a deal for the Chelsea striker. Sky Sports News understands that the Spanish side are ‘increasingly confident’ that an agreement…

Read More

Transfer rumours and paper review – Wednesday, September 13: Arsenal star NOT in talks over new deal, Barcelona target Coutinho alternative, Costa finally leaves Brazil

Here are the top football headlines and transfer-related stories in Wednesday’s newspapers… Manchester United would be Champions League contenders if they signed 28-year-old Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale,according to Old Trafford legend Ryan Giggs. (Daily Mail) Arsenal have NOT held recent contract negotiations with midfielder Mesut Ozil. The club haven’t been in talks with the Germany playmaker since February, and the 28-year-old has only one year left on his current deal. (SportBild) Reports in Germany say Ozil is preparing to follow Alexis Sanchez and leave the club on a free transfer when his contract expires next…

Read More
Scroll Up